Latest 2021 Vacancies
EXPERIENCED SMALL ANIMAL VET – WOOD VETERINARY GROUP
We are a large RCVS Accredited Hospital looking to expand our dedicated Small Animal Team of 20 vets. The role is based at our main hospital, which boasts state of the art facilities and the support of experienced vets, with wide ranging clinical interests and on-site OOH team providing 24hr care to our patients. The role would be best suited to a General Practitioner at least 2 years’ post qualification.
We have high standards of care and are looking for an enthusiastic team member to join our fun group working 4-day weeks, 1 weekend in 4 with days off in lieu, with a varied caseload. As a team we are striving to provide the best possible care for our patients, owners and our colleagues.
Employees benefit from a work-place pension, health benefit scheme, CPD allowance and RCVS/VDS fees paid.
Salary is competitive and is dependent on experience/skill level.
Please contact our Deputy Practice Manager, Naomi Grainger at email@example.com
Small Animal New Graduate Vacancy
The role, at Wood Veterinary Group in Gloucestershire, is initially a year-long internship as part of the Vet Partners Group New Graduate Scheme with potential for a permanent long-term career.
You will work as the primary contact for clients but also alongside our specialist team to ensure patients have access to gold standard healthcare without the need to travel for referral.
You will be involved in the hands-on care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare and educating pet owners about how they can manage and prevent further injuries and/or sickness.
Key Responsibilities: Provide first-class care to injured/sick patients. Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions. Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays. Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures e.g neutering, suturing wounds and dental hygiene. Assist veterinary surgeons with major operations.
Hours will be 40 hours p/w, including weekend and out of hours, there will never be sole charge work. Further rota details discussed at interview.
You will hold a degree in Veterinary Medicine, be registered with the RCVS and display good routine small animal surgical and medical skills.
We offer an excellent package including; Basic Salary range £28,000 to £30,000
• Generous CPD.
• Paid holidays, pension, RCVS and VDS fees
• Career development & employee welfare supported
• Staff Discounts.
Wood Veterinary Group is looking to expand their current team at their busy 24/7 Animal Hospital in Quedgeley. The role and responsibilities are listed below.
Should you feel you are able to fulfil the requirements of the job, then email CV and covering letter to our Deputy Practice Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received without covering letter and CV will not be considered.
To become part of our small animal veterinary receptionist team working at our main animal hospital in Quedgeley to provide excellent customer service to our valued clients.
- Excellent administrative, numeracy and computer skills
- Professional, confident telephone manner
- Proven customer service experience
- Ability to work to own initiative, multi-task and adapt to fast changing situations
- A methodical working approach, attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organisational skills
- A calm and empathetic nature
- Previous experience within a veterinary setting would be advantageous
- Previous pharmacy experience is beneficial
- Full training will be provided
- Meeting and greeting clients at the front reception desk
- Answering our very busy phone lines
- Dealing with client queries and concerns via phone, email and in person
- Liaising with other teams in the hospital, often involving detailed clinical information
- Cash handling/card payment processing
- Taking critical messages and repeat prescription requests
- Dispensing veterinary medications and becoming familiar with our pharmacy
- Ensuring an efficient and welcoming client experience
- 30.5 hours per week over 5 days
- Varied shift pattern to include early and late shifts covering opening hours 7.45am to 8pm
- Part of a weekend rota with days off in lieu
- Start date: ASAP
- CPD allowance
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Salary TBC